MagneticOne collects the e-mail addresses of those who communicate with us via e-mail, aggregates information on what pages consumers access or visit, and stores information volunteered by the consumer (such as survey information and/or site registrations). The information we collect is used to improve the content of our Web pages and the quality of our service, and is not shared with or sold to other organizations for commercial purposes, except to provide products or services you’ve requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- It is necessary to share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of the Terms of Service, or as otherwise required by law.
Information Gathering and Usage
- When you register for BetaEasy we ask for your email address.
- Information such as your name, billing address and credit card information is required for all paying accounts. Members who sign up for the free account are not required to enter payment information.
- MagneticOne uses collected information for the following general purposes: products and services provision, billing, identification and authentication, services improvement, contact, and research.
The security of your personal information is important to us. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. If billing information is collected, we will encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, however, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our Web site, please email support [at] betaeasy.com.
- A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier, that is sent to your browser from a web site’s computers and stored on your computer’s hard drive.
- Cookies are required to use the BetaEasy service.
MagneticOne uses third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to run BetaEasy. Although MagneticOne owns the code, databases, and all rights to the BetaEasy application, you retain all rights to your data.
- MagneticOne may disclose personally identifiable information under special circumstances, such as to comply with subpoenas or when your actions violate the Terms of Service.
MagneticOne may periodically update this policy. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the email address specified in your BetaEasy account or by placing a prominent notice on our site.
Last Modified: Feb 20, 2010